Friday, 2 April 2010

The Dress, My Dress

The Dress, My Dress


The dress it floats

So glorious

So white

So pure

… it hurts

It follows my naked body

Hugging

Engulfing

Surrounding

… my soul

Against the branches

It tears

It snags

It rips

… a whole in my heart

Protects me from

the hurts

the insecurities

the doubts

… that you bring

The dress it saves me

From falling

From stumbling

From bleeding

… each time you leave

I hold it dear

You throw it not so near

And as I cry

You bleed me dry

For I loved you

Now I love my dress

For you never loved me

And you hated the dress

with every blow

The dress loses a little more armor

The dress stains a little more

The dress develops becomes a little sore

My dress is dying

Dead

I’m left lying naked

Dead


Never have I not been able to read myself please help.

No comments:

Post a Comment