Tuesday, 20 July 2010

Failure is an unexpected gift


Sometimes in life its those unexpected 'failures' that account to some of the greatest things, like they open up other doorways that you maybe weren't aware of before. This could be getting fired from a job or failing an exam. In my case making cupcakes, I love making and decorating them because its so quick and easy but no lie they are kinda bland as far as cakes go.
I made 11 today, firstly thats an odd number and I don't like odd numbers so maybe they were destined to fail from the beginning.
I put my babies in the oven feeling proud that I had constructed them in under 15 minutes, only to find that when they were done; they had sunk in the middle, making them lousy looking. My mormor then said that I should just continue asif they were meant to look like that. I did and I decorated them with icing and sprinkles. I was still kinda sad until I had one and they made me smile. My secret ingredient had made them lovely.

So todays unexpected lesson is: DO NOT GIVE UP, even if it looks like you may already have failed, its not over until you admit defeat and if you never do its never over until you succeed!

Photo above is of my lovely cupcakes ^^

ciao
x

No comments:

Post a Comment